1/4 cup sugar or honey
1/2 teaspoon ground spices (recommended: cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom), optional
3 to 4 cup (about 1 1/2 pounds) fresh fruit, pitted, sliced, or halved (recommended: peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots, pears, apples, pineapple, mangos, strawberries, or bananas)
One teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean
1/4 cup fresh orange or lemon juice
One tablespoon unsalted butter
Roasted Stone Fruit Variations
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and spices.
- In another bowl, toss the fruit with the vanilla, and orange juice.
- In a roasting pan or oven-proof baking dish, arrange the fruit cut-side up pouring any extra juice in the baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with sugar and spices.
- Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until the fruit is fork tender.
- Serve the roasted fruit over vanilla bean ice cream accompanied by a shortbread cookie. You could also serve fruit with fresh whipped cream or creme fraiche and use it as a filling or topping for crepes.